It’s an intriguing game, that will keep you wondering (and dreading) what will happen next.
It has a kind of dry, self-aware sarcasm that’s rare in video games.
The game is a throwback to old-school classics like Quarantine or Normality, where you’re dealing with an off-kilter society in an alternate reality where strange things are expected to happen and mind-boggling concepts are the norm.
The Last Dogma is a dark comedy adventure set in the year 1999 of an alternate reality world, where US actively campaigns for world domination, UK is ruled by the dictator from Iran and Yugoslavia is being invaded by several countries.
You play as Sebastian Arise, an ATF special agent tasked with the tracking and eradication of local firearms dealers. One day straightforward tracking mission turns into disaster, thrusting him into the village of cannibalistic Christian cult known as “Holy Intentions”. Entwined in a web of intrigues between emotion-feeding daemons, Sebastian must keep his senses sharp as he travels back in 1366 A.D. to stop the things he shouldn’t stop.
Recommended for fans of Deadly Premonition, Goat Simulator, The Stanley Parable, No More Heroes, Jazzpunk, Southland Tales and Red State.
The game is a rebake (reboot + remake) of Sacred Line Genesis, horror game for Sega Genesis which was published in February 2015 by Watermelon Corporation.
- Unique and dark surreal story, which has no place for heroes and features two different storylines with their own endings
- Original soundtrack featuring epic symphonic passages and shamisen dance electro
- Atmospheric gigantic and claustrophobic locations, each with its own style
- Special adventure system with the use of “Look,” “Investigate” and “Talk” commands
- Lots of well-hidden secrets, including “Secret World” campaign, where you’ll meet the Narrator
- Professionally recorded voice acting from the actors of Stasis, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Huntsman: The Orphanage and Deadstar